Came up with these WODs in dedication to Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer, Australian rugby captain Ed Jenkins and German track cyclist Robert Förstemann (Quadzilla)...
*ex var - explosive variation
*VDF - use variations depending on fitness
This workout focuses on building explosivity and core stability in all is of high importance
Rowing (warm-up) 5/10 minutes
and then 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps each of;
Nordic Hamstring (ex var*) or 'kneeling hamstring curl'
Rotational Landmine (ex var)
Chin-up (ex var)
Shoulder press (ex var)
Dumbbell bench press
Abs leg drop (on bench)
This workout focuses on leg-focused strength AND power.
Cycle (warm-up) 5/10 mins
Seated box jumps
Pistol squat (VDF)
This 25-min workout fosters stamina, endurance with more focused lateral movement component
Jump rope (warm-up) 1 min x3
60/30 sec jump rope in the beginning, in between, and at the end of the following 60 sec set of;
1. 30 sec forearm plank + 30 sec forward single leg raise
2. 30 sec side elbow/forearm plank + 30 sec hip or leg raise (LEFT)
3. 30 sec side elbow/forearm plank + 30 sec hip or leg raise (RIGHT)
4. Lateral shuffle (do not cross legs)
5. Front-to-back shuffle with jumps on each end
6. Lateral lunges with twist
7. Windshield Wiper workout
8. Quad kneeling tilt (or lean backs)
9. Lie down, knees bent and straighten legs out (maintain c-curve on back with core! do not break form)
15-30 second rest in between the jump rope-workout set is permitted.