In preparation for my big road trip / backcountry hiking trip - I have come to conclude that these are the gears I wish I can own. High quality ultra lightweight gear that is worth the $$$$.
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear (HMG) 3400 Bacpack
Weight: 32 oz | 907g Price: $330
Backpacker Mag's best ultraweight backpack. Cuben Fiber Hybrid makes up its fabric, a highly durable Dyneema material that is 50-70 percent lighter than Kevlar and four times stronger. It was this or the ZPacks Arc Blast but aesthetics, functionality, little bells and whistles (minimalism!) won me over.
- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm Sleeping Pad
R-value: 5.7 Weight: 15 oz (Reg) Pack Size: 1L Thickness: 1.5 in Price: $
Cheaper alternative: NeoAir XLite ($159) or ProLite Plus ($99)
- HMG UltaMid 2
With a bathtub interior mesh!
- Suunto Traverse Sapphire Black
- Zpacks Cuben Fibre Poncho/Footprint/Packcover
Weight: 6 oz Price: $175
- Komperdell Ultralite Vario 4 Compact
Weight: 14 oz | 396 g Price: $239
Cheaper alternative: Black Diamond Distance FLZ Trekking Poles ($129) and Alpine Carbon Z ($189)
- BioLite BaseCamp Wood Burning Stove
- Oru (Origami) Kayak
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10